White Mare Facilities and Amenities
- Sports Bar showing all major sporting events throughout the year, with open fire and viewing access to the cellar
- Lounge Bar with exposed beams, fire and viewing access to kitchen
- Large restaurant with attractive fireplace and exposed beams
- Large outdoor seating area
- Beer garden with large barbecue, surrounded on two sides by attractive shallow becks
- Conferencing and private dining facilities
- Eight en-suite bedrooms centered around attractive private courtyard for residents
- Internet access (high speed) in public areas
- Non-smoking (throughout)
- Lock-up facility for bicycles
- Free on-site parking
Full cooked breakfasts are served in our newly refurbished restaurant.
Local Area Information
Beckermet is a small traditional and very attractive Cumbrian village with a population of around 2,000. There is a popular village school and impressive church, directly next door to the White Mare. A well maintained children’s play park is located directly opposite our large beer garden to the front of the property – ideal for those long summer nights with the family.
We are ideally located for business travellers to the Sellafield nuclear site, which is not visible from the White Mare.
Nearby Recreation Activities
- Well maintained children’s play park directly opposite
- Wast Water and Wasdale – location of the Lake District’s highest mountain, deepest lake and smallest church (10 miles)
- Seascale, Whitehaven and St.Bees Golf Courses
- St. Bees beach (4 miles)
- Market town of Egremont home to the World Gurning Championships (4 miles)
- Historic Georgian harbour town of Whitehaven, home to well established festivals throughout the year (9 miles)